Okay, so I did order the new paper and the scrappin' kit, but I didn't get the Christmas tree stamp set yet, so I had to improvise using an oldie-but-goodie retired set. It works, don't you think? Now, if you are like me, you love all the detail in stamps like this, but maybe don't love all the coloring unless you have oodles of time. I had two kids begging me to go swimming this afternoon, so I cut some corners. Shh. Don't tell.
Here's how to make this lovely framed project:
1. Get a black frame. This one is a frugal 8.5 x 11 that came with a paper matte already.
2. Cut outer matte the width you like from Candlelight Christmas DSP. Mine is about 1.5"
3. Place matte onto Real Red CS backing.
4. Stamp tree image onto Very Vanilla CS using versamark & emboss it using black embossing powder---- cut image out.
5. Cut Very Vanilla CS piece for behind tree and emboss with the Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder; layer this on top of some Champagne Glimmer paper. Center & attach to Real Red CS.
6. Cut strip of DSP to go under tree & sentiment and attach. Use a sticker strip from the new Merry Moments Simply Scrapping Kit to adhere across the middle.
7. Use dimensionals to adhere tree image to center.
8. Stamp sentiment and punch out with decorative label punch. Use same punch to punch out two labels from glimmer paper. Cut these in half and attach to back of sentiment to create "glitter frame."
Voila! Now you've got some Stampin' Up to hang up in your house!
Some challenges I would like to enter this for: