Sunday, July 29, 2012

Christmas Wall Art

I can't believe it, but I am starting a new blog. I've been wanting to do this for awhile but you know how life and fear gets in the way of starting new things...so here goes! For my first post, I am showcasing a framed stamp I made from Stampin' Up's new Holiday Catalog coming Aug.1 Check it!
Want to make one? Here's how you do it:
1. Get frame. I got this from my local dollar store. It is a pretty champagne color. Take all the "insides" out from the frame and wrap some Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twin around the top, but don't tie yet.
2. Die cut or punch out some cute snowflakes and adhere to top of twine; leave ends out and tie on glittery diamond.
3. Stamp snowmen image and use blender pen with Pool Party, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, and Certainly Celery Ink to color in/around image. For extra glitz, spray with champagne shimmer mist mixed with rubbing alcohol.
4. Adhere snowmen image to Crumb Cake matte and then back that up to some new Champagne glitter paper. Last, adhere to some new Holiday DSP and insert into frame. Awesomeness!

No comments:

Post a Comment