Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sympathy Card for Clear It Out Challenge

It seems like the older I get, the more I unfortunately need sympathy and get well cards. Sigh. Hopefully, you don't need any right now, but if you do, here is some inspiration. We would love it if you could play along with our Clear It Out Challenge this week which involves:
Theme: Sympathy      Stash Item: Dark Papers
To make this card, I used some new Stampin' Up Coordinations Cardstock, ran it through the SU embossing folder, and sanded off the top to show the grain. Cool, right? For the background paper, I dug out some older autumn deep turquoise DSP, colored in my image & sponged pastels around the edges, plus added embellishments. There you have it! Thanks for stopping by!
I am also submitting this card to the following challenges:)
 
 

2 comments:

  1. oh ♥WOW♥ this is absolutely lovely, and one of the most beautiful sympathy cards i've ever seen! (& i think that category absolutely is the HARDEST to get right, so well done, you!!!) brilliant (multiple!) use of wooden elements, as well; for the record i thought the brown panel was some fancy new kind of wood veneer with BARK... i was going to ask where you got it, that is AMAZING!!! :) thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH so cleverly with us this week!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card. I find sympathy cards most difficult to create. This one is perfect.
    I'm so glad you joined us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge. I hope you will join us again, soon!

    ReplyDelete