Friday, April 10, 2020

Spring Birds

Hello everyone! Even though we had a dusting of snow around here yesterday, I was inspired by a few challenges to create a card that says "Spring is here." Check it out...


To make this card, I relied on my Stampin Up Bird Ballad paper along with the Free as a Bird Stamp set and Detailed Band dies. For my color choices, I was inspired by the Color Throwdown challenge this week to use orange, green, yellow, pink as you see from their picture here:
For my design, I relied on this sketch from Stamping Pals. Once I picked my paper Bird Ballad from Stampin' Up, the card came together pretty quickly. I liked the idea of moving the birds down lower on the card to match the sketch.
Another challenge that got my creativity going was from the Tic Tac Toe Card Challenge because I had to think about what other elements I could use. I chose to line up the pink, yellow, and orange colors, but I also added some sparkle and flowers to my design.
Overall, this was a very fun card to make...hope you enjoyed it and are having a great spring day!




3 comments:

  1. Jennifer: Chirp-Chirp!!! Excellent card--what a wonderful mash up of colors, sketch, and tic tac toe extras! Thanks for participating at TCCC blog for the first half of April 2020! Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and great background paper! Thank you for playing along with the Color Throwdown challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, what a cute card and love the spring theme with a dusting of snow in April. I love how your design goes perfect with the middle row down. Thank you so much for playing along with us this week over at Tic Tac Toe challenge. Hope you'll join in the fun again.

    ReplyDelete