Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A Craft Room Dresser Makeover

Do you ever run out of space in your craft room? This conundrum has been plaguing me for quite a while... How does this happen? Could it be a paper, punch, and stamp addiction? Stacks of ribbon spiraling out of control? Yes, yes, and yes. Well, to combat this issue, I decided to revamp part of my craft room. To do it, I had to get rid of a tall dresser and round table that were helpful, but were taking up too much space. I needed some "counterspace" and storage so...while searching the mines of Craigslist, I found this lovely brown thing...
Ick-a-bod Crane. This thing needed some work, but I got it for only $20 and all the drawers slid in and out like charms, so I went for it. Three days and three layers of paint + poly later + stylin' drawer pulls, and I now have this!
I was so excited to see the progress on this piece - the first bit o' furniture that I've ever redone. The drawer pulls really make it look nice, plus add a bit more ease in functionality. To start the project, I prepped it by rubbing on some sanding-free primer that took off the original finish, then I spraypainted the white areas with Krylon Blossom White in a Satin finish. To add some contrast, I used Benjamin Moore's Stonington Gray colormatched  by Home Depot in a Behr Satin  on the lower four drawers. Finally, I applied three layers of poly over the top. The poly totally makes the colors look smooth, polished and even. Even though I was dying to get everything set up, I'm glad I waited the extra day to finish this step.

Now I have a new countertop to work on and some great drawer space to hide all the goodies. Thanks for looking!

I'm linking up to Thrifty Decor Chick Before and After for this post:)

No comments:

Post a Comment